Looking for a Motorsport Medical – Contact Ready2drive Medical
The Motorsport Association (MSA) require that a Driver is medically fit to compete and is not a danger to himself or other competitors.
What are the problems a Motorsport Driver may incur in obtaining a Driver Medical Appointment?
A Driver’s own GP may be unable to carry out the Driver Medical Examination for several weeks, sometimes months. They may charge a fee of £130 to £150. Obtaining a follow up appointment if the form is returned by the MSA a Driver may experience a further substantial delay before s/he is able to be seen for a further appointment by their own GP.
How can Ready2Drive Medical help?
Set up in mid-2017 Ready2Drive Medical provide quality, low cost (£50) Driver Medicals carried out by fully registered and trained medical experts for Motorsport, PCV. HGV/LGV, Taxi, Crane and Forklift Drivers.
Ready2Drive Medical holds regular clinics where drivers can be seen for Driver Medical Examinations in locations around Great Britain including weekend and evening appointments.
How do I book a Motorsport Driver Medical Appointment with Ready2Drive Medical?
To find a clinic in your area to check available appointments please check our clinic locations.
The majority of Ready2Drive Medical’s clinics are scheduled every 2 weeks, others run once per month.
An appointment may be booked by calling our office on 0161-975-4947 or 0753-926-5659 alternatively to book on line please click . Book an appointment.
Please note – Motorsport Driver Medical Examinations do not include an ECG. Please check with the relevant licensing authority if an ECG is required before booking an appointment.
How do I pay for my Driver Medical Appointment?
Details of how to pay the £50 fee will be provided to you by email once an appointment has been booked.
What do I need to bring to my Motorsport Driver Medical Appointment?
When attending a Driver Medical Appointment please ensure that you have the following with you.
- Photographic identification (Passport, Driving Licence)
- Motorsport Form which may be downloaded at: http://ready2drivemedical.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/MSA-Medical-Form.pdf please complete Sections 1 and 2 prior to the appointment.
- Your glasses (if worn for driving)
- Your most recent glasses prescription (if relevant)
- List of your medications
- Urine Sample
- Your height and weight measurements
The Expert will be unable to complete your examination without the above documents/information.
How long will my Motorsport Driver Medical Appointment be?
A routine Motorsport Driver Medical Examination takes 15 minutes. However, dependent on our medical history the time required may be longer and we therefore recommend that you allow a minimum of 1 hour for the appointment.
What will happen at my Motorsport Driver Medical Appointment?
The Ready2Drive Medical Expert will
- Check your identification
- Take a Blood pressure measurement
- Perform an eye test with and without glasses
- Ask questions regarding your medical history including any hospital consultant you see regularly.
- Complete Part 3 of the Medical Examination Form (To assist the Expert please bring a note of your current height and weight)
Post Driver Medical Appointment
The completed form should be posted/delivered by yourself to the relevant licencing authority.